"Colleen could talk about mud and it would be good. She is an excellent presenter!" ~Anonymous, Sun City West, AZ
While we have yet to speak on the thrilling topic of mud (and I do find mud absolutely fasincating!), we'd certainly welcome the opportunity to speak with your camera club, group, or organization, whether you have five people or 1,000, on the topic of your choice. Presentations are tailored to your audience's interest and the time available. As examples, popular topics include:
- "Seeing the Light in Outdoor Photography"
- "Crazy About Composition"
- "Wild About Wildflowers: Photographing Arizona's Blooms"
- "The Anatomy of a Great Landscape Photograph"
- "Critiquing Your Own Work"
- "Joy in the Little Things: Macro Photography"
- "Going Beyond the Cliche" (Online presentation, hosted by the G+ Landscape Photography Show, available for viewing on YouTube at youtu.be/KlKRM80YJ0U?t=7m8s)
- "Visualization: Picturing the Unique Possibilities"
- "The Art of Seeing Differently"
- "Finding Your Creative Voice"
- "Selling Your Work (Without Selling Your Soul)"
- "Clowns, Snowballs, and Boats: What it Takes to Be a Freelance Photographer"
- "You Can Sleep When You're Dead: My Photographic Journey"
Our notable past speaking engagements include (references available upon request; please see our Testimonials below to see input from our past attendees):
- 2017 Great Smoky Mountain Photography Summit
- 2017 Out of Acadia Conference (Keynote Speaker)
- 2017 Photocon Capture!
- 2014, 2015, and 2016 Moab Photo Symposium
- 2014 Photographic Society of America (PSA) Annual Conference
- 2014 Arizona Camera Club Council (ACCC) Spring Round-Up (Keynote Speaker)
- 2013 Garden Club of America Photography Section Conference (Keynote Speaker)
- 2012 Photographic Society of America (PSA) Annual Conference (Keynote Speaker)
- 2012 Cooperative Communicators Institute (Keynote Speaker)
- 2012 Arizona Professional Photographers Association (AZPPA) (Speaker/Workshop Instructor)
- 2010-2016 Outdoor Writers Association of America Annual Conference
- 2010 & 2012 Sedona PhotoFest
- 2010 Arizona Camera Club Council (ACCC) Fall Round-Up
A Sample of Camera Clubs, Groups, Churches, & Other Venues:
- American Luthern Church
- Arizona Wilderness Coalition
- AZ Photographers Meetup
- Boyce Thompson Arboretum
- Camera Guild of Sun City
- Chandler-Gilbert Community College
- Changing Hands Bookstore
- Dobson Ranch Garden Club
- Estrella Photo Group
- Festival Camera Club
- Gilbert Visual Art League
- Grand Photo Club
- The Nature Consevancy at the Hassyampa River Preserve
- Millbrae Camera Club
- Monte Vista Camera Club
- Northern Arizona University
- Phoenix Camera Club
- Photographer's Adventure Club
- Photography West
- Prescott Photo Club
- Saddlebrooke Digital Imaging Group
- Saguaro Camera Club
- San Francisco Bay Area Meetup
- Scottsdale Digital Interest Group
- Sedona Photo Club
- Silverleaf Club
- Sibley's West
- Sun Lakes Camera Club
- Sunland Springs Camera Club
- Sunland Village East Photo/Computer Club
- Sundust Gallery
- Tempe Camera
- The Bay Area Photography & Exploration Society
- The Camera Store, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- The Well Red Coyote Bookstore
- Through Each Others Eyes
- Towerpoint Camera Club
- Trilogy Photo Club
- Tubac Presidio State Historic Park
- Trilogy Photo Club
- Well Red Coyote
- West Valley Photo Club
- Yavapai Digital Arts and Photography Club
Costs depends on the event type, presentation style, presentation length, and travel expenses.
To schedule an exciting presentation with Colleen, please contact her at (480) 726-7961 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your unique topic interests, schedule, and budget.
"I had the pleasure of attending both of your seminars at the ACCC this past weekend. I want to tell you that you were the best speaker I have heard in a long time. The topics of both sessions were very interesting and appropriate. You have a great gift for presenting the material. I really enjoyed myself. I hope that I get the opportunity to see you again in the future."
"What a fabulous presenter. Great material, plenty of concepts to think about for artists in any creative field."
~Ann Horvis Wallace
"Thoroughly enjoyed her presentation. I feel as though I've had a B12 vitamin shot after watching & listening to her."
"I've sponsored many speakers in my other life with Fujifilm and Colleen was right up at the top with the best of them last night. Really enjoyed myself."
"Your enthusiasm is powerful and your approach to photography is simple which makes those of us who struggle, see your view in a whole different light."
"Colleen, you are truly a gifted speaker and artist. One person commented that you should be doing inspirational speaking. Many would agree. Thanks so much for your time and effort. The dedication to your craft is apparent."
"Colleen gave excellent information and practical tips that anyone could use to improve their skills. She was an awesome speaker, very interesting, kept your attention. So glad to have had the opportunity to attend."
“Presentation - Awesome, Course Materials – Excellent, Interaction with Colleen – Priceless”
"Everyone who attended ACCC last Saturday L O V E D your presentation. A great job as usual."
"Kudos to you – you def. caught my attention at ACCC with “creativity” – really loved both your presentations and learned (as I always do from you!) so much. Also thanks so much for the “resources” list – I will be chasing those down also! Anyhow wanted to let you know that you are just the best presenter…..love your sense of humor and style, and that you were open to so many questions!"
"Thank you for the great talk you gave yesterday at the ACCC Round Up. You made the day way more fun than it would have been without you...Anyway, thank you so much for making yesterday a huge success."
"Another great and stimulating presentation Colleen. Thank you...You're a terrific photographer, writer, speaker and teacher. The club loves you."
"Thank you for an awesome presentation and contagious enthusiasm at todays ACCC spring round up. Your (sic) an inspiration to all!"
"What great and practical tips from Colleen tonight on finding and shooting wildflowers. I'm ready to go!!! Thank you!"